Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring has Arrived!

Saturday sure felt like spring has finally arrived.  Near 70 degrees, blue skies, bees buzzing and trees in bloom.  Pam and I worked outside until 7:30 pm, cleaning the barn and doing other chores.  The new bees are working hard, building new comb and out exploring their new territory.  How fun!
The Chicken Coop with its metal roof almost completed

I just about finished the roof of the new chicken coop.  I shorted myself one piece of trim and won't have that until later this week but it's now totally rain proof.  I need to fix the window so I can open it and let in fresh air when it's warm out but not let the chicks jump out.  I'll cover the opening with hardware cloth - metal wire with 1/4" square holes.
View of our chicken and duck area from the roof of the chicken house

Sunday was Easter and we invited the family over for a roast chicken dinner.  Not everyone could attend due to colds and other family commitments, but we had six adults and three grandchildren.  It's fun watching the little ones interact with our farm animals.  Olive, the oldest granddaughter (almost three) loves the goats (her favorite animal) and loves to gather chicken eggs.
Granddaughter Olive playing with Windy

No comments:

Post a Comment