Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nettle is doing better

Nettle kidded Monday evening, so it has now been three nights I have been getting up at 11 pm and 4 am to feed the kids. Nettle now allows the kids to nurse if I give her a bucket of grain, so other than getting up and going to the barn, it has become easy.

My daughter Eleni is a bank examiner for the State of Washington and travels a lot for her work. This week she was working with a team at a bank near the Clinton – Mukilteo ferry terminal so she and her daughter stayed with us Sunday through Tuesday. My granddaughter Olive is 20 months old and I took two days off from my real estate practice to care for her. She came to the barn with me several times to feed the goats – standing there and pointing at Nettle and saying “goat!” We had sunny weather with highs about 50 so we also spent some time with the chickens. We have 12 laying hens and one rooster (Rocky), 11 ducks and two geese in the yard. Rocky would crow and Olive’s eyes would get huge. Oh how fun it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment